Newsletter – Welcome, December, December 2, 2016
by JoAnn Schauf | Dec 1, 2016 | Tween Times
The Tween Times
News, support, and stories to empower you raising your tween.
How did December become larger than life? How did a zillion little and grand things become attached to it? I have no idea. But, these seven ideas will help keep your adrenaline in check, your mood upbeat, and you and your kids happy celebrating December together.
- Shop online and have every gift delivered to the location where it will be opened. I started this seven years ago. Best.Time.Saver.
- Carve out some time with your kids to make rice crispy treats (easy and fun) and fudge (for the chocolate lover and foodie.) They make delightful teacher and co-worker gifts.
- Order holiday cards with your name inscribed. Have your computer expert tween/teen print the address and return address labels. Collate them together and tell stories about each person your kids haven’t met.
- Set a bed time for you, for every night in December. Commit to it no matter what. You’ll thank yourself.
- Ask your child to make a playlist that includes some of everyone’s favorite holiday songs. You’ll love the cheerful humming and singing as it’s played at home and in the car.
- Set a budget and stick to it. Make coupons for specific activities your child enjoys doing with you. Think ‘presence’ not presents.
- Forget about making a big turkey dinner… grill steaks, bake potatoes, make a salad and cook one vegetable. Have fun playing games, watching movies or football, and doing puzzles.
Love your December, love your life.